Melbourne Polytechnic is offering a fumigation course for students wishing to pursue fumigation and require licensing from the Department of Health or Agriculture Victoria.
Course Code: SOH029
This course covers fumigation requirements for licensing in both the DPI and Human Services (importing and exporting) in Victoria and fumigation in other States of Australia.
Each student enrolled in nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to access all academic transcripts and qualifications. Melbourne Polytechnic cannot issue you with a Statement of Results, Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you provide your personal USI. Click here to be issued with your personal USI and bring this along when you enrol.
DepartmentHorticulture and Landscaping
Total Hours: 21
- Dealing with Methyl Bromide and Phosphine to Stacks, Silos, containers and Buildings.
- Focussing on: gasses and fumigation,gas detection,protective equipment, calculating fumigants, practical demonstration,fumigation practises for stacks, silos and buildings, legal obligations, developing fumigation procedures
- Conduct fumigation under the guidance of a licensed fumigator
- May apply to the relevant Authorities for a license to conduct fumigation procedures for import and exporting
- A Statement of Attainment will be issued at the conclusion of the course.
- CPPPMT3011, Manage organisms by applying fumigants to commodities and environments.
Related CoursesCERTIFICATE III IN PEST MANAGEMENT
- Participants wishing to become licensed
- Conduct fumigation
- Participants wishing to undertake fumigation for exporting and importing
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies