Agriculture and Animal Studies
03 9269 8615
Total Hours: 30
- Planning work to control risk
- Selection of suitable forklift truck for a load shifting operation
- Routine checks for start-up
- Safe shifting of the load
- Shut down and securing of the machine.
- Upon successful completion you will be issued with a Licence to Perform High Risk Work card issued by WorkSafe Victoria (LF – Class).
- Licence application fee: $60.00 per notice of assessment. Payable to Victoria WorkCover Authority or Australia Post.
National, WorkSafe Victoria
- The course is suitable for those with no or limited previous experience as well as more experience operators who require the licence.
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies
A formal assessment for the unit TLILIC2001 includes completion workbook activities, observation of forklift practical skills and a demonstration of safe forklift operation. Participants who successfully complete these assessments are able to sit the WorkSafe Licence theory and practical tests.
Pen and paper, wear clothing suitable for driving a forklift in a workplace environment.
Long work pants and long sleeved work shirt. No loose, flowing, clothing, scarves or other accessories that can present a hazard while operating and forklift. Sturdy work boots. You can bring your own high visibility vest although these will be available during the classes.
Participants must be over 18 years old. Proof of age (Photo ID) and proof of citizenship/residency will be required for the assessment and licence application.
WORKSAFE REQUIREMENTS: are that participants can only undertake the assessment in English and NO interpreters to be in attendance. All participants are to have a good understanding of written and verbal English
Pathways to further study
Fork Lift Refresher Training is also available
Consultancy - Training can be offered on-site or off-site