Our Fork Lift Licence Training Course is designed for participants who are required to have a licence to operate a fork lift truck for employment or part of their own business operations
Course Code: SAH039
Forklift trucks are used to shift loads in many workplaces including shops, warehouses, wineries, farms and many other workplace sites. This course provides basic training in the safe operation of a forklift truck and prepares participants to undertake the Worksafe Forklift Truck Licence assessment. The course is suitable for those with no or limited previous experience as well as more experienced operators who require the licence.
Each student enrolled in nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to access all academic transcripts and qualifications. Melbourne Polytechnic cannot issue you with a Statement of Results, Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you provide your personal USI. Click here to be issued with your personal USI and bring this along when you enrol.
DepartmentAgriculture and Animal Studies
Total Hours: 30
- Planning work to control risk
- Selection of suitable forklift truck for a load shifting operation
- Routine checks for start-up
- Safe shifting of the load
- Shut down and securing of the machine.
- Upon successful completion you will be issued with a Licence to Perform High Risk Work card issued by WorkSafe Victoria (LF – Class).
- Licence application fee: $60.00 per notice of assessment. Payable to Victoria WorkCover Authority or Australia Post.
Recognising OrganisationsNational, WorkSafe Victoria
- The course is suitable for those with no or limited previous experience as well as more experience operators who require the licence.
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies