Farm Fencing is a short course offered as a weekend workshop at Melbourne Polytechnic's fully fitted training farm, in Yan Yean.
Course Code: SAH013
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to enable you to fulfil this task on your own property.
- introduction to subject and assessment method
- equipment required to construct and maintain fences
- identify fences appropriate for livestock
- safety issues and legal requirements for fences
- basic design and operation of a fence
- electric fence design (temporary, cells and permanent)
- selection of appropriate energiser
- budgeting for fence construction
- construction of permanent fence
- demonstration safe use of equipment
- selecting appropriate fencing knots
- testing of voltage levels in fence
- gate construction
Classes held at Melbourne Polytechnic’s training farm, 2005 Plenty Road, Yan Yean.
The course consists of the following unit of competency: AHCINF303A Plan and construct conventional fencing
This unit of competency will earn you credit towards attaining a Nationally Recognised qualification in Certificate III in Agriculture.
For any additional information, please contact Short courses and Future Students 03 9269 8615, or by email.
Course Cancellation or Postponement
Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.
Students may be eligible for Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.