Start your career in the medical industry. Melbourne Polytechnic's Course in Medical Office Administration will provide you with the fundamental skills and knowledge you require to work in a medical administration centre, doctors' clinic, specialist rooms or a hospital.
Course Code: 29MOA
Medical administration taught by experts in industry
Be taught by qualified and experienced teachers from the medical administration field who will guide and mentor you towards a rewarding career in various medical administration positions.
The Course in Medical Office Administration is flexible, allowing you to attend class during the day or evening.
This course provides hands-on experience in the areas of:
- patient records, privacy and confidentiality
- medical stocks and supplies
- medical accounts
- occupational health and safety in the medical centre
- medical terminology
- producing accurate and quick business documents
- using a dictaphone
This course comprises five individual short course modules, which can be undertaken sequentially or individually.
The total cost for undertaking all five modules is $1,650.
The short course modules include:
1 – Medical Office PSM200 ($575)
2 – Medical Office Computing PSM210 ($640)
3 – Medical Terminology PSM220 ($400)
4 – Treatment Room Procedures PSM230 ($350)
5 – Medical Practice Administration PSM240 ($450)
How to apply and entry requirements
- to apply for this course, DO NOT complete a short course enrolment
- all enrolments must be made through the department
- applicants must have basic computer skills and a genuine interest in medical/health sector administration
Course Cancellation or Postponement
Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.