Melbourne Polytechnic will provide the client with details of their tentative booking in writing. Tentative bookings will be held for ten (10) working days after the original booking enquiry.
To confirm a booking, a signed copy of the terms and conditions and a deposit of the Hire Charge/Area Fee is required within that ten (10) working day period. Should written confirmation not be received by the due date, Melbourne Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel the tentative booking and accept other bookings.
Full payment (less the deposit paid) is required ten (10) working days prior to the event.All prices and charges are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
A 30% surcharge applies to all Sunday and public holiday bookings. A 15% surcharge applies to all Saturday bookings. All evening bookings after 6pm, weekend and public holiday bookings are charged at the full day rate.
Cancellation of an event must be advised in writing. All deposits paid are non refundable.In addition, the following cancellation fees apply if the event is cancelled:
- More than 30 days notice – the deposit will be forfeited.
- Within 30 days notice – in addition to the forfeited deposit, an additional 10% of the quoted event charge. (Melbourne Polytechnic may waive part of the cancellation fee if the conference rooms are rebooked.)
- Within 7-14 days notice of the event date, 50% of the quoted event price will be charged.
- Within less than 7 days notice prior to the event, the full quoted price is charged.
Menu selection and final numbers for catering must be confirmed in writing 2 weeks prior to the event. If no selection has been made, the Melbourne Polytechnic Conference Centre reserves the right to make this selection on your behalf.
No food or beverage of any kind will be permitted to be brought into the conference centre for consumption at any event or function.
Melbourne Polytechnic takes no responsibility for:
- The theft, damage or loss of any goods brought into the conference centre; or
- Food brought into the event and any effect of it afterwards.
The client is responsible for and must indemnify Melbourne Polytechnic for:
- Loss or damage to Melbourne Polytechnic arising out of their use, or any person attending the event.
- Any additional cleaning requirements that NMIT considers to be in excess of general cleaning.
The hirer is responsible for public liability insurance. The hirer must provide Melbourne Polytechnic with a copy of the ‘Certificate of Currency’ in respect of public liability insurance for a minimum of $20,000,000 ten (10) days prior to the booking.
Within Australia: 03 9269 8484
International: +61 3 9269 8484
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: December 9, 2014