Antonio Mazziotta has been performing as a professional bassist for over 20 years.
He studied full time at the Victorian College of the Arts for 5 years (Double Bass major) and has evolved as one of the most versatile bassists in Australia.
Antonio Mazziotta has been performing as a professional bassist for over 20 years. He studied full time at the Victorian College of the Arts for 5 years (Double Bass major) and has evolved as one of the most versatile bassists in Australia. Antonio has developed multiple skills on Double Bass, Fretless Bass, and 4 and 5 string Electric Bass. He has the ability to perform in a diverse range of musical styles from classical to contemporary, and plays intimate small ensembles to very large Stadium Orchestras.
The following are a few examples of the many gigs Antonio has performed in:
- ‘Orchestra 21’ May concert 2012 with special guest conductor and soloist Stefan Cassomenos performing Mozart Piano Concerto 25 and conducting World Premier of his composition: Double Violin Concerto
- Tracey Roberts Quartet Live concert at the Baker Street studios featuring Lauchlin Davidson and David Hicks May 2012
- ‘Showtime 2011‘ Concert: Double Bass Principal in the 100 piece orchestra at the Hisense Arena televised on Channel 7.
- ‘Orchestra 21’ concerts in Dec 2010, May and Dec, 2011.
- ‘Dear World’ musical at the Melbourne Recital Centre, 2011.
- Dizzy’s Jazz Club performances in the 20 piece Big Band, 2011.
- Performances at the Sydney Recital centre of the musical production “Tango’s Violin”.
- The Lion King Musical, Melbourne Production at the Regent Theatre.
- Menopause the Musical, Her Majesty’s Theatre and Comedy theatre.
- Don Burrows Big Band, East Timor benefit concert.
- Deborah O’Connor Studio Orchestra live in Concert.
- Australian Show Band with Strings at the Palladium.
- Australian Show Band at the Dance Sport National Final at the Hisense Arena Televised on Channel 7.
- John Foreman Trio (Channel 10).
Yvette Johanson Quartet (Channel 10).
Antonio has also been teaching music for over 20 years at Primary and Secondary schools (including Xavier College, Macleod Music Academy, Ivanhoe Girls Grammar, Toorak College, PEGS and Peninsula School) and has been teaching here for over 15 years.