Fixed term contract position (until 30/6/2019)
Friendly working environment
Full - time (38.0 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Work Placement Officer.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Identify appropriate work placement opportunities for participants in the AMEP SLPET (Supplementary Language as Preparation for Employment and further Training) programs.
- To establish positive relationships with external organizations in order to build a bank or prospective work placement opportunities.
- To deliver information sessions on topics relevant to the SLPET program.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) skills in the delivery and administration of work placements.
- Demonstrated excellent networking, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and ability to write reports, coordinate placements and contribute to short and long term objectives of the SLPET programs.
- Demonstrated ability, commitment and attitude to the provision of high level customer service to all internal and external clients.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $50,021 - $54,013 (PACCT 3.1 – 3.3) per annum plus superannuation contribution.
Fixed Term Position (until 30/6/2019)
Full - Time 38.0 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.