Friendly working environment
Part-time (30.4 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Work Placement Officer – OQP Victoria.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Identify appropriate work placement opportunities for participants in the Overseas Qualified professional (OQP) program. Assess candidate’s suitability for placement and match individual skills sets with positions.
- Coordinate and document the complete practical placement process for each student
- Ensure placement opportunities for participants are pursued in a proactive manner and with direct communication with the employer, student and other relevant stakeholders.
- Establish positive relationships with external organizations in order to maintain and expand a network of employers for work placement opportunities
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant Degree with relevant work experience; or a suitable combination of lesser qualification and significant relevant experience.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated high-level networking, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability of and commitment to the provision of high-level customer service to all internal and external clients.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $50,021 - $54,013 (PACCT 3.1 – 3.3) pro rata, per annum plus superannuation contribution.
Ongoing position, Part - Time 30.4 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.