Maximum Term Contract Position (Until 31/12/2020)
1.6 EFT Required
Friendly Working Environment
Part - Time Opportunity Available
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint two experienced, organised and qualified individuals to fill the position of VCAL Teacher.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Prepare, deliver and evaluate a range of pre-vocational youth programs, including VCAL Foundation, Intermediate and Senior programs.
- Assist the Manager, Program Leaders and co-teacher(s) in the establishment and maintenance of quality programs and systems to ensure a quality service is being provided at all levels of the department.
- Maintain excellence and relevance in the delivery of pre-vocational youth programs and related services for students within the Department of Bridging & Preparatory Studies.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
Appropriate post-secondary qualifications, industrial experience and approved course of teacher training relevant to the unit's teaching areas together with:
- a demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles
- a demonstrated high standard of teaching practice
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national and state issues in education and training relating to pre-vocational youth programs.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) per annum, pro rata plus superannuation contribution.
- Maximum Term Contract position (until 31/12/2020)
- 1.6 EFT Available
Please note a Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.