Two Ongoing positions available
Friendly working environment
Tired of the corporate grind? Tired of feeling like a cog in a big machine?
Feeling undervalued and wanting to put your refined customer service skills to use in a team where you can genuinely make a difference to people's lives?
You pride yourself on your ability to take ownership of your work and enjoy working independently to deliver results contributing to the bigger team goal.
You love contact centre work, that's what you do. Bring that expertise to a new market, at Melbourne Polytechnic. Play a part in servicing and developing the community's educational needs.
In a small and dynamic call centre environment, you will enjoy assisting callers, providing information and securing leads. No more troubleshooting! No more complaint calls and escalations. Your contacts will be with fresh leads, callers who need information, and you will pride yourself on your ability to source and deliver that information in an easily-understood way. Pick up the phone and enjoy your calls!
Working in an environment where changes are a constant, you will be capable of staying up to date to ensure your contacts are compliant and the information you provide to your customers is correct.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Excellent communication skills together with the ability to hold discussions to build rapport with prospective students from diverse backgrounds. Articulate Institute processes in a polite and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal and negotiation skills together with the ability to influence and guide customers. Skilled in objection / complaint handling.
- Self-motivated and enthusiasm to be part of a high quality, busy customer service team, genuinely likes working on phones (inbound and outbound) to meet deadlines and analyse work flows to ensure processing of tasks is achieved. Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and to work co-operatively by promoting a culture of shared knowledge to support the customer journey process.
- A Working with Children Check is required.
- Preston based
- Varied shifts from 7.45am to 8pm across 6 days a week
- Flexible and full availability across the roster required
The salary will be in the range of $43,895 - $48,505 (PACCT 2.1 – 2.4) per annum plus superannuation contribution.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.