Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part-time 0.8 (30.4 hours per week)
About the Role
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Trades Assistant.
Your primary objective will be to:
- Undertake duties relating to materials preparation, equipment maintenance, stock control, basic warehousing, cleaning and waste management for the purpose of supporting quality training outcomes for the Bricklaying, Tiling and Waterproofing programs at Heidelberg Campus.
The successful applicant will have:
Key Selection Criteria
- Effective written and verbal communication skills plus a basic knowledge of computer applications.
- A current forklift licence
- Significant experience and knowledge of the practical aspects of the Building and Construction Industry.
- Proven ability to multitask.
The salary will be $43,895 - $48,505 (PACCT 2.1 – 2.4) pro rata, per annum plus superannuation contribution.
- Part-time 0.8 (30.4 hours per week)
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
"First Name, Surname, Position Number"
Eg. "John Smith, 1234"
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic