Full- Time (38 hours per week)
Friendly & supportive team environment
Located in the world's most liveable city, NMIT (Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE) provides high quality programs across 6 campuses in Melbourne's central and northern metropolitan regions. Celebrating 100 years of education in 2012, NMIT has established itself as one of Australia's premier TAFE institutes with state-of-the-art facilities.
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Technical Officer. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
To maintain NMIT's Meat Processing Plant, run all technical and operational functions, prepare and administer contracts, handle all financial transactions relating to product sales.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- A relevant qualification in Butchery and Meat processing together with significant Boning experience. QA and Food Safety Supervisor training, HACCP Auditor training and Meat Microbiology experience. Knowledge of licensing and accreditation requirements as they relate to the Meat Processing Plant. Experience in the maintenance and operation of processing plant machinery/equipment including calibration tolerances of the facility temperature control system and weighing apparatus.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of Food Safety Plans and the HACCP Manual.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to investigate, prepare and administer contracts for the Fee for Service use of the Facility.
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
The salary will be in the range of $58,440 - $61,223 (TO6.1 - TO6.3) per annum
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to ua.ud1500712670e.tim1500712670n@sbo1500712670j1500712670. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the Human Resources Department on 03 9269 1266.