Full-time (38 hrs per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Technical Officer (Flexible Learning). You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Work closely with the Flexible Learning Group team to identify and prioritise development requirements and liaise with the systems and database teams to optimise performance.
- Support continuous improvement and efficiency by leveraging learning systems capabilities, and work with virtual faculty, staff, and learners, to ensure optimal user experiences with educational technology systems and sites.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years in learning technology role supporting learning systems including LMS, LCMS, and Webinars;
- Experience with open source learning systems such as Moodle, as well as experience with mid to enterprise level learning systems;
- Working knowledge of educational technologies including LMS (Moodle preferred), virtual classrooms, document repositories and e-portfolios;
- Demonstrated IT literacy at an advanced level;
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.