- Short Term Contract positions
- Friendly working environment
- Full-time (38 hours per week)
About Melbourne Polytechnic
Melbourne Polytechnic delivers Vocational and Higher Education programs in Business, Accounting, Marketing, and IT in partnership with a range of Universities and education institutions in China.
About the role
An amazing opportunity exists for qualified teachers to deliver vocational courses in China for periods ranging from 2-3 weeks to a full semester of 12 weeks.
Expressions of interest are now requested from suitably qualified individuals who have the interest and motivation to teach high quality programs, in a well-structured and supported environment abroad.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful delivery of courses in the Department of Business, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Communicate regularly with the Program Leaders and other staff within the Melbourne office and local staff.
- In consultation with the Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students' academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment TAE40116 and vocational qualifications and current experience in any of the disciplines above.
- Well developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties.
- Experience teaching in overseas programs favourable but not necessary.
- Current and valid Working with Children Card & Medical Check.
- Information about availability, including non-negotiable block-out dates and max duration available for assignment.
Salary for the teaching roles is negotiable depending on experience, qualifications and courses delivered and will be in the range of L1.1 - L3.4 ($65,645 - $93,073).
- Short Term Contract positions
- Full - Time 38.0 hours per week
Candidates will be provided with the following:
- Comprehensive pre-departure induction and cultural training
- Free furnished accommodation and utilities
- Visa arrangements
- Travel insurance
- Ongoing support available to teachers at all times, both back in Australia and in China
- Curriculum with materials are provided
- Per diem allowance
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment. To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outling your skills and experience to: ua.ud1542490101e.cin1542490101hcety1542490101lopen1542490101ruobl1542490101em@ay1542490101aKadE1542490101. For further details please call Eda Kaya: 9269 1713.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.