Ongoing position available - 1.4 EFT
Fixed term contract (until 31/12/2018) – 1.0 EFT
Friendly working environment
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individuals to fill the position of Teachers, Learning Support Programs.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Prepare, teach and evaluate a range of Learning Support programs with the focus on Literacy and/or Numeracy skills.
- Assist the Learning and Study Skills Support Coordinator in the establishment and maintenance of quality programs and systems to ensure a quality service is being provided at all levels of the department.
- Maintain excellence and relevance in the delivery of Learning Support programs and related services for students. Demonstrated skills in flexibility in delivering one or more of a range of specialist areas across a range of funding sources that may be required by the department.
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is practiced and maintained.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
Appropriate post-secondary qualifications, industrial experience, a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment or equivalent and an approved course of teacher training relevant to the department's teaching areas together with:
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles
- Demonstrated high standard of teaching practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national and state issues in education and training relating to Learning Support programs and, in particular, Numeracy support for VET students.
- Demonstrated understanding of the team teaching model of support for VET teachers and the key factors involved in ensuring the ongoing viability of this program. Experience in working on a CAVSS program is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, teaching methodologies and strategies appropriate to learning support programs.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) pro rata, per annum plus superannuation.
- Ongoing, 1.4 EFT
- Fixed Term (until 31/12/2018) 1.0 EFT
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.