Fixed term contract positions available
Friendly working environment
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individuals to fill the positions of Teacher – Civil Engineering (Diploma & Advanced Program) – Bangladesh Project.
The successful applicants will be assigned to work in Bangladesh with project dates and periods to be confirmed.
Your primary objective will be to:
Teach a specialised program in the Advanced Diploma of Engineering (Civil) program jointly delivered by Education for Skill Development (ESD) Pty. Ltd Bangladesh and Institution of Diploma Engineers Bangladesh (IDEB).
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A relevant Diploma of Engineering Technology (with industry experience) relevant in both content and academic level. A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A). A Degree or course of teacher training is preferred.
- Demonstrated successful record in teaching including the ability to develop course materials, curriculum, teaching methodologies and assessment strategies.
- Demonstrated records of and commitment to the development and maintenance of student records.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) per annum plus superannuation.
- Fixed term
- The successful applicants will be assigned to work in Bangladesh with project dates and periods to be confirmed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.