Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Teacher.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Teach a range of subjects across the course/s.
- Plan, develop, assess and evaluate teaching programs and resources.
- Carry out work Education administrative and other non-teaching programs and resources.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification together with extensive relevant and recent industrial experience in teaching in the Special Education field. Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent and/or a course of teacher training is preferred.
- Proven capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of duties and to work both productively, individually and within a team and to have the capacity to liaise with the Head of Centre regarding student and case management issues.
- Well developed teaching skills including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to diverse needs of the student group together with demonstrated effective student management skills.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications together with extensive relevant and recent industrial experience in teaching in the Special Education field and/or includes teaching methodologies, theories and practices in teaching learners with a range of disabilities.
- An extensive knowledge of current issues in vocational education and training particularly as they relate to the areas taught within the department.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent.
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in range of $52,127 - $83,525 (T1 - T5) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1484905654e.cin1484905654hcety1484905654lopen1484905654ruobl1484905654em@sb1484905654oj1484905654. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.