Full- Time (38 hours per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Teacher – Work Education. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge.
- Teach a range of subjects across the course/s.
- Plan, develop, assess and evaluate teaching programs and resources.
- Carry out Work Education Centre administrative and other non-teaching programs and resources.
- A relevant Degree, Diploma or Certificate relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to Special Education. The TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent. A course of teacher training is preferred.
- Proven capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of duties and to work both productively, individually and within a team and to have the capacity to liaise with the Head of Centre regarding student and case management issues.
- Well developed teaching skills including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to diverse needs of the student group together with demonstrated effective student management skills.
- Sound knowledge of the curriculum, assessment and reporting strategies together with sound knowledge of research and the directions of the disability and special education fields in particular.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.