Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part - time (22.8 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Teacher- Work Education.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Teach a range of units across course/s.
- Plan, develop, assess and evaluate teaching programs and resources.
- Carry out work Education administrative and other non-teaching programs and resources.
- Maintain Records.
- Provide students with a positive learning environment where any issues affecting the student are addressed promptly and in a constructive way.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate teaching qualification together with extensive relevant and recent industrial experience in teaching in the Special Education field specifically Intellectual Disabilities, Autism and challenging behaviours. Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent and/or a course of teacher training is preferred.
- Vocational teaching and current industry experience within the theatre arts, specifically inclusive arts practice with people with disabilities.
- Well developed teaching skills including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to diverse needs of the student group together with demonstrated effective student management skills for students with disabilities.
- Proven capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines. Work both productively, individually and within a team and have the capacity to liaise with the Manager regarding work schedule and student case management issues.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) per annum pro rata plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Part - Time 22.8 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.