Friendly working environment
Part-time (22.8 hours per week)
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Teacher – Visual Merchandising. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
• Plan, develop, deliver and evaluate the teaching of Visual Merchandising courses and within the Visual Arts Department.
• Maintain appropriate records and resources within quality assurance guidelines.
The successful applicant will possess:
• A relevant Degree, Diploma, Certificate or trade qualification or approved equivalent qualifications. Relevant and recent industrial experience in the Visual Merchandising industry including practical experience in Visual Merchandising processes and workflows. The TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent. A course of teaching training is preferred.
• Ability to teach in areas related to Visual Merchandising particularly units from the Retail Services Training Package.
• Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
For a full list of the key selection criteria, please refer to the position description.
Please note a Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
The salary will be in the range of $50,856-$81,487 (Teacher Class T1 – T5) pro rata, per annum plus employee superannuation contribution.
Ongoing, Part- Time 22.8 hours per week
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form. Fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to ua.ude.cinhcetylopenruoblem@sboj. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.