Part - Time (30.4 hours per week)
Great working environment
In 2014 NMIT will establish a presence in the Melbourne suburb of Prahran. This new campus will trade under the name Melbourne Polytechnic and will deliver both Vocational and Education and Training and Higher Education programs.
This position will be initially located at the Prahran Campus and will be dependent upon sufficient student enrolments.
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Teacher – Specialist Makeup. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Deliver and assess units of the Specialist Makeup courses within the Visual Arts department and assist in the planning and development of teaching programs.
- Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery and record management meet compliance requirements.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with:
- A Degree or Diploma relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to Specialist Makeup industry. The TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is required for this position. A course of teacher training is preferred.
- A sound knowledge and ability to teach Specialist Makeup units from the Screen and Media Training Package.
- Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the Specialist Makeup industries and a high level of proficiency in Specialist Makeup.
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $50,856 - $81,487 (T1 - T5)