Part-time (22.8 hours per week)
Close to public transport
NMIT has the following vacancy for suitably qualified persons interested in joining a dynamic training organisation.
In 2014 NMIT will establish a presence in the Melbourne suburb of Prahran. This new campus will trade under the name Melbourne Polytechnic and will deliver both Vocational and Education and Training and Higher Education programs.
About the role
The primary objectives of the role are:
- Plan, develop, deliver and evaluate the teaching of Sound Production and other areas within the Performing Arts Department.
- Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery and record management meet compliance requirements
The successful applicant will be a motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to enjoy learning and excel in the subject area.
- A relevant Degree, Diploma, Certificate or trade qualification or approved equivalent qualifications. Relevant and recent industrial experience in the Music Industry including sound production workflows, contemporary music technology & performance, and Music business. The TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent
- Ability to teach in areas related to sound production workflows, contemporary music technology & performance, and Music business.
- Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the Music Industry including sound production workflows, contemporary music technology & performance and Music business.
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.