Friendly working environment
Part - time (22.8 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Teacher – Sound Production
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Plan, develop, deliver and evaluate the teaching of Sound Production and other areas within the Performing Arts Department
- Maintain appropriate records and resources within quality assurance guidelines.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A relevant Degree, Diploma, Certificate or trade qualification or approved equivalent qualifications. Relevant and recent industrial experience in the Music Industry including Sound Production (Studio and Live audio engineering) and Music Technology. The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) or equivalent and/or a course of teaching training is preferred.
- Ability to teach in areas related to Sound Production and Music Technology Industry areas.
- Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the Music Industry including sound production workflows (audio and live sound), and contemporary music technology.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) pro - rata, per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing position, Part - Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1550297945e.cin1550297945hcety1550297945lopen1550297945ruobl1550297945em@sb1550297945oj1550297945. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.