Two ongoing positions
Part Time (19 hours per week)
Great working environment
In 2014 NMIT will establish a presence in the Melbourne suburb of Prahran. This new campus will trade under the name Melbourne Polytechnic and will deliver both Vocational and Education and Training and Higher Education programs.
These position will be initially located at the Prahran Campus and will be dependent upon sufficient student enrolments.
About the role
- Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery and record management meet compliance requirements.
- Deliver and assess units of the Professional writing and editing courses within the Visual Arts department and assist in the planning and development of teaching programs.
- A Degree or Diploma relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to the Professional writing and editing industry. The TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is required for this position. A course of teacher training is preferred.
- A sound knowledge and ability to teach Professional writing and editing units from 22203VIC Certificate IV in Professional Writing and Editing and 22091VIC Diploma of Professional Writing and Editing.
- Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the Communication and Media industries and a high level of proficiency in Professional writing and editing.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.