Part-Time position (22.8 hours per week)
Friendly and supporting team environment
About the role:
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Teacher – Music Performance . You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
• Plan, develop, deliver and evaluate the teaching of Music Performance (Jazz and Contemporary) within the Performing Arts Department.
• Maintain appropriate records and resources within quality assurance guidelines.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Degree, Diploma or Certificate relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to the Music Industry (Jazz and Contemporary). A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) and/or a course of teacher training is preferred.
• Ability to teach music (Jazz and Contemporary) in the areas of: performance skills (including stagecraft), ensembles, keyboard, music copyright, health and safety in the music industry and song writing.
• Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
The salary will be in the range of $50,856-$81,487 (Teacher Class T1 – T5) Pro rata, per annum plus employee superannuation contribution.
Ongoing, Part - Time 22.8 hours per week
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form. Fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to ua.ud1500920998e.cin1500920998hcety1500920998lopen1500920998ruobl1500920998em@sb1500920998oj1500920998. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.