Fixed Term Contract position (31/12/2018)
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint experienced, organised and qualified individuals to fill the positions of Teacher Information Technology (x2).
Your primary objective will be to:
- Plan, teach, deliver, assess and evaluate units across the VE programs in the Information Technology department.
- Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery, assessment and record management meet compliance requirements
- Carry out administrative tasks as required related to the program
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate teaching and Information Technology qualification together with extensive relevant and recent industry experience in the Information and Communication Technology field. Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent is required.
- Highly developed teaching skills including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to diverse needs of the student group together with demonstrated effective student management skills.
- Sound knowledge of curriculum specific courses in the Information and Communication Technology field; assessment and reporting strategies together with sound knowledge of the Australian VET system.
- Knowledge of IoT devices such as, but not limited to, Raspberry Pi and Arduino, including operating systems such as GNU/Linux and scripting languages like Python.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) per annum plus superannuation.
Fixed Term Contract position (31/12/2017) Full-Time, 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1539780081e.cin1539780081hcety1539780081lopen1539780081ruobl1539780081em@sb1539780081oj1539780081. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.