Part-Time (22.8 hours per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Teacher - Graphic Design. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Plan, develop, deliver, assess and evaluate design/ graphic design courses within the Visual Art department.
- Effectively perform the administrative duties related to the teaching function.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new programs through fee for service activities.
- Maintain appropriate records and resources within institute quality assurance guidelines.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with:
- A Degree or Diploma relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to the design/graphic design industry. The TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is required for this position. A course of teacher training is preferred.
- A sound knowledge of and ability to teach Design/Graphic Design units from the Visual Arts Training Package.
- Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the Art / Design industries and a high level of proficiency in Graphic Design.
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
The salary will be in the range of $50,856 - $81,487 (T1.1- T5) pro-rata per annum.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to ua.ud1501173910e.tim1501173910n@sbo1501173910j1501173910. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the Human Resources Department on 03 9269 1266.