Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Teacher- Furniture and Cabinet Making.
Your primary objective will be to:
Plan, develop and evaluate teaching programs and resources, maintain appropriate records and teach students within Furniture and Cabinet Making Programs as timetabled.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A Degree, Diploma or Trade Certificate relevant in both content and academic level to Certificate III Cabinet Making and / or Certificate III in Furniture Making. In addition, A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAE4016) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A) is required. A Degree or course of teacher training is preferred.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in Cabinet Making and or Furniture Trades.
- A sound knowledge of related trades and industries.
- Excellent written and communication skills and demonstrated ability in the application of MSOffice programs and other computer technology related to the relevant trade areas.
- Industry experience with CNC is highly regarded.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.