Fixed Term Contract Position (Until 31/12/2019)
Friendly working environment
Part-time (22.8 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Teacher, DFATS program.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Teach and assess units from the Certificates in General Education for Adults program and provide academic support services as and when required by the teaching program.
- Maintain excellence and relevance in the delivery of a range of curricula within the DFATs program and related services for students.
- Assist the Program lead and lead teacher in all related administrative and student functions- reports, enrolments, attendance updates, student progress and results, awards preparations and appropriate entry of data onto relevant online reporting systems.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- A relevant qualification in Education and a TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- Relevant and current teaching experience in similar program area together with demonstrated knowledge and experience in adult teaching methodologies, theories and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Capacity to teach the content areas detailed in the curriculum or as specified.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $65,645 - $93,073 (L1.1 – L3.4) per annum plus superannuation.
- Fixed Term Contract Position (Until 31/12/2019)
- Part - Time 22.8 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.