Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Teacher – Commercial Cookery (Workplace programs).
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Teach a range of subjects / units across the Certificate III and IV in Commercial Cookery.
- Plan, develop, deliver and assess as a teacher of the workplace commercial cookery program and other areas within the Hospitality Department.
- Assist the Manager, Program Leaders and co-teacher(s) in the establishment and maintenance of quality programs and systems to ensure a quality service is being provided at all levels of the department.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Appropriate post-secondary qualifications together with relevant and recent industrial experience.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A)
- Completion of a course of teacher training accredited at diploma which includes supervised teaching practice in an adult learning environment and studies in adult teaching methodology (Australian Qualification Framework Level 5) preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles, teaching methodologies and a demonstrated high standard of teaching practice; and a commitment to learner-centred teaching.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.