Full- Time (38 hours per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Teacher – Civil Construction/Earthmoving. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Teach programs and assess in accordance with endorsed Training Packages or institute accredited courses as it relates to Civil Construction.
- Develop learning resources and assessment instruments to ensure the needs of students and industry are met.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with:
- A relevant Diploma or Certificate III in Civil Construction together with relevant Civil Construction experience. The TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent is required. A course of teaching training is preferred.
- Current Victorian Driver’s licence. Heavy machinery endorsements and assessor qualifications are required. Forklift licence would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a teaching environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively carry out delegated tasks.
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
The salary will be in the range of $50,856 - $81,487 (T1.1 – T5) per annum.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to ua.ud1481206070e.tim1481206070n@sbo1481206070j1481206070. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the Human Resources Department on 03 9269 1266.