Fixed Term Contract position to 30 June 2016
Friendly working environment
Full-time 38 hours per week
About the Role
Your primary objectives will be:
- Plan, develop and evaluate teaching programs and resources, maintain appropriate records and teach and assess students within the ‘Building and Construction’ section of the Design Drafting and Interior Fittings department as scheduled.
Key Technical Competencies:
- Excellent written and communication skills and demonstrated ability in the application of MS Office programs and other computer technology related to or used in the Building Design Industry.
- Ability to deliver related subjects for Certificate IV and above level programs within the scope of the department.
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the Building Construction Industry (particularly the Building Design and Technology sector), together with a high level of knowledge and experience.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience:
- A Degree, Associate Diploma or Diploma relevant in both content and academic level to Building Design or (Architectural Design) Industry, plus industrial experience. A certificate IV in Training & Assessment (or equivalent). A course of teacher training accredited at AQF level 5 (Diploma), which included supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent would be an advantage.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- List including 3 referees with landline phone number and contact details
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualifications, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email toua.ud1481415573e.cin1481415573hcety1481415573lopen1481415573ruobl1481415573em@sb1481415573oj †1481415573. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.