Ongoing position available x2
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individuals to fill the position of Teacher - Auslan program
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Prepare, deliver, evaluate and assess a range of Auslan programs.
- Assist the Program Leader and co-teacher(s) in the establishment and maintenance of quality programs and systems to ensure a quality service is being provided at all levels of the School.
- Maintain excellence and relevance in the delivery of programs and related services for students.
- Assist, when required, in special projects to meet the KPI’s of the Auslan contract.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Fluency in Auslan communication skills
- Appropriate teaching qualification, a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or equivalent) together with:
- A demonstrated understanding of adult learning principals
- A demonstrated high standard of teaching practice
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of Auslan courses in TAFE institutes or other related settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in teaching methodologies and strategies appropriate to language teaching/programs.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.