Full- Time (38 hours per week)
Great working environment
This position will be initially located at the Prahran Campus and will be dependent upon sufficient student enrolments.
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Student Engagement Officer. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- The student engagement officer will be responsible for devising, implementing and reviewing a range of programs and services provided to Melbourne Polytechnic / NMIT students to enrich their participation in institute life and to promote and support the successful delivery of services and activities to students which directly assist in their transition and retention.
- The student engagement officer, in conjunction with other student services staff, is required to assist in the delivery of the current on campus activities program and other general services to students as required.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in event / recreation management and/or community development or equivalent.
- Experience in the development, implementation and assessment of recreational activities and/or community development programs.
- Highly developed organizational skills including the ability to plan, prioritise, monitor and evaluate delivery of programs in an educational environment.
- Strong communication skills including excellent presentation skills, group facilitation, written, oral, and cross cultural communication skills.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
Position will be interviewed from the week commencing 20th January 2014
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.