Fixed Term Contract position (12 Months)
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of STEM Communication Officer.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Develop and facilitate programs within the Banyule-Nillumbik or the Whittlesea Tech School.
- Promote innovation, STEM concepts, science communication and science literacy for the young people of Northern Melbourne.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant experience and qualifications in science communication, Design, STEM education, Science and Technology related fields or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently communicate scientific and technical concepts and collaborate with key stakeholders, including young people, teachers and community.
- Ability to work within a team environment under pressure in an extremely busy environment, prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery and evaluation of formal or informal learning activities through the development of content, materials and exhibits.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $61,883 - $66,573 (PACCT 5.1 – 5.3) per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Fixed Term Contract position (12 months)
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.