About the Role
Sessional training roles are available within the in AMEP and SEE Department at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Deliver the Melbourne Polytechnic institute accredited HTS training course to volunteers within the Melbourne AMEP contract regions.
- Provide ongoing professional development and training to volunteers as required.
- Contribute to the development of HTS volunteer support materials where needed by applying continuous improvement principles and in response to clients' goals.
- Preparation of training materials and training venue for each activity as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
Appropriate degree and post graduate TESOL qualifications and a Certificate IV TAE in Training & Assessment
- a demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles
- a demonstrated high standard of teaching practice and innovation in curriculum
- demonstrated experience in conducting research in the EAL field
- Experience and expertise in implementing the planning, delivery and evaluation of a training course.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and expertise in, teaching methodologies and strategies appropriate to teaching a group of volunteers from a variety of programs.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of adult learning principles.
Demonstrated experience in using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) skills in the delivery and administration of teaching programs, together with a demonstrated understanding of the rationale for incorporating ICT in the language and literacy based classroom. Skills are required in at least the following areas:
- Windows file management
- Imaging devices
- MS Word and PowerPoint, data base and spreadsheets
- Internet and email
- Peripheral devices (e.g. printers, data projectors)
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
North East Melbourne x1
North West Melbourne and Bendigo x1
Inner Metro Melbourne x2
South East and Peninsula x2
Payment is at the rate of:
$65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
$67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
- Preferred region(s) in order of preference
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1526899874e.cin1526899874hcety1526899874lopen1526899874ruobl1526899874em@sb1526899874oj1526899874 Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.