We don’t just teach, we change lives.
At Melbourne Polytechnic, we are proud of our friendly knowledgeable teachers and their commitment to the greater community and we all share a passion to change the course of people’s lives through high quality VET and Higher Education training and genuine industry connections.
We are currently looking for people who are willing to share the same passion with us.
We have sessional teaching opportunities available in the area of VETis- Allied Health (Certificate III), so if you believe you fit the criteria then we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate would need to have a true drive for fundamentally shaping the careers of students, in addition to:
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or (TAE40110) including Design & Develop Assessment tools (TAEASS502) and address Adult language, literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) (TAELLN401A).
- Current Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration or a Permission to Teach in a secondary school status or willingness to acquire this status.
- A qualification relevant in content and at least to the academic level of the qualification being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties.
- A current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Antidiscrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
In return, we offer you a culture that inspires you to take initiative, act with courage and we welcome you to a future-focused organisation who is passionate about making every experience for our students an exceptional one.
$68.52 per hour for Casual Teaching - Certificate IV qualified
$71.22 per hour for Casual Teaching- Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
$74.02 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: email@example.com.
For further details please call the People and Culture Department on 9269 1266.
We welcome and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders to apply for positions at Melbourne Polytechnic.
Please note, all applicants must have appropriate approval to work in Australia.