The VCAL program Melbourne Polytechnic requires sessional (casual) teaching staff to deliver specific units of VCAL and Certificate II in Building and Construction to our Ticket to a Trade VCAL program at the Heidelberg campus.
Our Ticket to a Trade program is delivered Tuesday to Friday 9 – 3:15 pm. Casual teaching carpentry hand tools and Work Related Skills is required for 5.5 hours during this timeframe.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and experience required to undertake a casual sessional trade teacher role are:
- Cert II (or higher) in Building and Construction
- Certificate IV in TAE40110 and TAELLN411
- A Working with Children Check
- Capacity to plan and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching tasks
- A teaching qualification
- A post-graduate qualification in Adult Literacy or similar
Payment is at the rate of:
$65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching - Certificate IV qualified
$67.57 per hour Casual Teaching - Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
HOW TO APPLY
For further details please call Bronwyn Bannan on 03 9269 8668 or send your expression of interest and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.