Sessional Teachers - Cabinet Making, Carpentry, Furniture, Joinery, Plumbing, Shop fitting, Stair building, Electrical, Fabrication, Locksmithing, Painting & Decorating, Tiling, Bricklaying
Position Number: 2161
Sessional teaching roles are available within the in Trades School Department at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach in the following areas on a sessional basis.
- For certificate levels 11, 111 & IV
- Plumbing, Fabrication, Locksmithing
- Joinery, Shop Fitting, Stair Building
- Carpentry, Cabinet Making, Furniture
- Painting & Decorating, Wall & Ceiling Lining
- Waterproofing, Brick & Block Laying
- Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful deliver of courses in the Trades Department.
- Communicate regularly with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other staff within the Trades programs to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Sessional Teaching Role
- A certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to de performed. Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
- A sound knowledge of the relevant industry area.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- A current Working With Children check.
Payment is at the rate of:
$65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
$67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: