Sessional teaching roles are available within the in Professional Practice Department at Melbourne Polytechnic in the following areas:
- Interior Design
- Building Surveying
- Building Design
- Building and Construction
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach in the following areas on a sessional basis.
- Certificate IV in Interior Decoration
- Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design
- Certificate IV in Building Design Drafting
- Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural)
- Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
Qualifications and experience required to undertake a casual teaching role:
- A qualification relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to be performed. Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- A Working with Children Check
Payment is at the rate of:
- $65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching - Certificate IV TAE qualified
- $67.57 per hour Casual Teaching - Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training.
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: stanIrvine@melbournepolytechnic.edu.au
For further details please call Stan Irvine: 9269 8357
Applications Close: 21/12/2018
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.