- Certificate II in Building and Construction (Carpentry)
- Certificate II in Joinery/Shop fitting/Stair building
- Certificate II in Furniture Making Pathways
- Certificate III in Carpentry
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making
- Certificate III in Joinery
- Certificate III in Shop fitting
- Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful deliver of courses in the Trades Department.
- Communicate regularly with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other staff within the Trades programs to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Casual Teaching Role
- A certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to de performed. Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
- A sound knowledge of the relevant industry area.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- A current Working With Children check.
Payment is at the rate of:
$65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
$67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: ua.ud1511547895e.cin1511547895hcety1511547895lopen1511547895ruobl1511547895em@re1511547895yrcna1511547895htan1511547895
For further details please call Nathan Cryer 9269 8609