- Ongoing Position
- Friendly working environment
- Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the role
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Lecturer, Education Early Years Program, Level C.
You will be an enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and a disposition to make significant contributions to the teaching and learning outcomes of the Faculty of Community, Health and Education.
Your primary objectives will be:
- In the first instance, manage all aspects of the implementation and delivery of the Bachelor of Education (Early Years), teach in the program and assure the quality of the program.
- Provide a significant degree of leadership in scholarly, applied research and professional activities relevant to the profession, discipline and community.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with:
- A qualification in teaching- Early Childhood and Early Years and a Doctoral level qualification in Education or demonstrated substantial progress towards a PhD or professional doctorate. Candidates who are not doctorally qualified must demonstrate equivalence according to Melbourne Polytechnic policy (refer to the position description).
- Extensive demonstrated professional and industry based experience in an education related field; evidence of productive outcomes from industry or professional partnerships will be highly regarded.
- Significant teaching and learning expertise including extensive experience in course leadership and coordination in higher education.
For a full list of the key selection criteria, please refer to the position description.
Lecturer Level C with a salary range of $97,307-$112,200 per annum.
Commencing salary will be negotiated according to qualifications and experience.
Superannuation is additional and Melbourne Polytechnic is able to contribute to UniSuper.
Note that service with publicly funded Australian Universities is recognised for long service and sick leave purposes.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form. Fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.