Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Senior Executive Officer.
Melbourne Polytechnic’s Office of Programs and Educational Leadership is looking for a leader in professional administration to support the Executive Director in overseeing and managing a busy and diverse academic education portfolio.
This new role seeks an individual who has a depth and breadth of high level educational administrative and reporting experience with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to engage positively and lead projects with various stakeholders and manage a small team in a diverse and busy office. A particular focus of this role will be on leading, analysing and writing reports drawing on data of academic performance for submission to a range of internal and external bodies. The successful person will work closely with the Executive Director in building a highly functioning team that understands, supports and reports on academic and educational program delivery.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Completion of a bachelor degree with relevant executive officer administration experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Significant knowledge, experience and skills in the tertiary education sector including knowledge of Vocational and Higher Education.
- Demonstrated experience and highly developed oral and written communication skills in preparing high level and complex reports and presentations on key performance data for internal and external bodies.
- High-level analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to implement innovative solutions and effectively communicate within a complex and sensitive environment.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be $100,000 per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full - Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.