Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Educator 2 – Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC), Sport and Fitness. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge
Your primary objectives will be:
Co-ordinate the following VET programs within the Community, Health and Wellbeing (CHW) Department
- Certificate III in Early ChildhoodEducation and Care
- Diploma of Early ChildhoodEducation and Care
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Diploma of Sport Development
- Provide day to day educational management and leadership to program staff, guide and support operational activities including quality assurance, maintenance of educational standards, support of students’ progress and recruitment of students and staff.
- Contribute to the activities objective and plans of the CHW Department and the Faculty of Community Health and Education.
The successful applicant will possess:
Key Technical Competencies
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively lead and manage a team of staff in the design, implementation and evaluation of innovative learning programs.
- Evidence of the ability to lead and manage teaching staff and to work within required timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage resources including equipment and budgets.
- Demonstrated and effective organisational skills in the planning, development, implementation, operation and review of programs to achieve a quality learning environment for students and staff.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- A Degree or Diploma relevant to the qualifications offered within the delivery area.
- A course of teacher training accredited at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level 5, which included supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent is required. A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is required (TAE40110).
- A sound knowledge of the diversity of the Community, Health and Wellbeing Department and a background in an industry related to the department’s offerings would be useful.
For a full list of the Key Technical Competencies please refer to the position description.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
The salary will be $86,612 (SE2) per annum plus superannuation contribution.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email ua.u1493276372de.ci1493276372nhcet1493276372ylope1493276372nruob1493276372lem@s1493276372boj1493276372. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.