Fixed Term Contract position (until 30 June 2019)
Part-time (22.8 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Resource Development Officer.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Design and implement a resource development framework to support the development of new resources.
- Lead the development of teaching and learning resources for the Auslan training program including lesson plans, Auslan Signbank learner toolkit and Auslan video resources.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- An appropriate qualification such as Certificate IV in Auslan or demonstrated fluency in Auslan.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge in innovative thinking and creative approaches to developing classroom and online resources particularly using second language teaching pedagogy including a range of technologies, document based and simulated learning environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in teaching a second language using a learning centred, contemporary and diverse approach to curriculum.
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, development, delivery and evaluation.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $61,883 - $66,573 (PACCT 5.1 – 5.3) pro rata per annum plus superannuation.
- Fixed Term Contract position (until 30 June 2019), with a possibility of further extension
- Part-time (22.8 hours per week)
Please Note: Interviews will be held in January 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.