Fixed Term Contract position (until 30th June 2019)
Friendly working environment
Part-time (22.8 hours per week)
About the Role:
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Project Officer - Deaf ConnectEd.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Implement projects including resource development, website content and workshops to inform and support Deaf and hard of hearing students who are transitioning from school to VET.
Develop and conduct short courses for teachers, administration staff, careers counsellors, support staff
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate post secondary qualification including the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Certificate IV in Auslan or demonstrated fluency in Auslan and experience in administering special projects.
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, development, delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrated networking, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and to work collaboratively with school, VET teaching and careers advice personnel across Victoria.
- Demonstrated understanding of the educational needs of students who are deaf and hard of hearing including knowledge of Deaf culture and the appropriate level of classroom, flexible delivery support required for different areas of study in VET.
The salary will be in the range of $55,407 - $60,160 (PACCT 4.1 - 4.3) pro rata per annum plus superannuation.
- Fixed Term Contract position (until 30th June, 2019)
- Part- Time 22.8 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.