Fixed Term Contract (21 Dec 2018) position available
Friendly working environment
Full - time (38.0 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Program Leader, Trades
Your primary objective will be to:
- Provide management and educational leadership to staff and students across the department programs and support the operational activities including quality assurance, student and staff issues, student progress and recruitment of students and staff.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A degree or Diploma relevant to courses offered within the department, a course of teacher training accredited at Australian Qualifications framework Level 5 which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent. A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110).
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the relevant program area, and a background in an industry related to the department’s courses.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively lead and manage a team of staff in the design, implementation and evaluation of innovative teaching materials, products and services.
- Evidence of ability to lead and manage teaching staff and to work within required timelines.
- Demonstrated effective organisational skills in the planning, development, implementation, operation and review of programs to achieve a quality-learning environment for students and staff.
The salary will be $90,998 (SE2) per annum plus superannuation contribution.
Fixed Term (21 Dec 2018), Full - Time 38.0 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.