Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Program Leader, Electrical
Your primary objective will be to:
- Provide management and educational leadership to staff and students across the department programs and support the operational activities including quality assurance, student and staff issues, student progress and recruitment of students and staff.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A relevant Degree, Diploma, Certificate or trade qualification and Essential criteria - A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116), (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- Current Electricians License (known as an A Grade) is a must for this position.
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the relevant program area, and a background in an industry related to the department’s courses. Also and understanding of the LEA assessment guidelines and experience in this area is a definite advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively lead and manage a team of staff in the design, implementation and evaluation of innovative teaching materials, products and services.
- Evidence of ability to lead and manage teaching staff and to work within required timelines.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be $90,998 (SE2) per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Ongoing, Full-Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.