Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role:
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Production Nurseryman.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Maintain the Nursery facility at the Fairfield Campus by providing technical support to the Horticulture and Landscaping Department and maintaining nursery facilities equipment and nursery stock to the highest standard.
- Undertake retail nursery operations and sales and provide advice to the Manager Horticulture and Landscaping on the production and sales of plants and associated materials.
- Provide technical support to the staff and students of the Horticulture and Landscaping Department.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and cooperatively with other staff and students in an educational and retail environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to co-operate in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate customer services in the Retail nursery Industry.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- A trade Certificate or Diploma in Nursery Production or equivalent.
- Experience in production of high quality plant material for retail sales.
- A current drivers licence.
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $50,761 - $53,174 (TO4.1- TO4.3) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1485271054e.cin1485271054hcety1485271054lopen1485271054ruobl1485271054em@sb1485271054oj1485271054. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.