Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Procurement and Contracts Manager.
Your primary objective will be:
To formulate and provide a consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activity across Melbourne Polytechnic by creating a centralised procurement and contract management system. The purpose of this will be to ensure value for money is maximized and cost savings are generated.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or proven working experience as a procurement and contracts manager
- Strong relationship management and leadership skills to implement change and manage ongoing relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills together with a high level of professionalism.
The salary will be $100,000 per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1485012254e.cin1485012254hcety1485012254lopen1485012254ruobl1485012254em@sb1485012254oj1485012254. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.