Maximum Term Contract Position (until December 2019)
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position Outreach Engagement Officer – Reconnect Program
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Plan and deliver and /or facilitate of community engagement activities for Reconnect Clients.
- Promote Reconnect within the local community with the aim of identifying and engaging potential eligible clients who might benefit from this service.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate degree in education, vocational counselling, social work, student welfare or related field with demonstrated experience in working within a case management model to support disengaged and unemployed people.
- A clear understanding of the risk factors for disengaged youth in an education setting in relation to retention, completion and pathways.
- Knowledge of the structure of education and training pathways and Government initiatives related to training and employment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the labour market opportunities in the northern region, knowledge of the key growth areas and of the skills shortage industries.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $55,407 - $60,160 (PACCT 4.1 – 4.3) per annum plus superannuation.
Maximum Term Contract Position (until December 2019), Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your documents by email to ua.ud1548092744e.cin1548092744hcety1548092744lopen1548092744ruobl1548092744em@sb1548092744oj1548092744. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.